Western States Fire Protection - Oregon
Our Oregon branch of Western States Fire Protection services the entire state of Oregon, and southern Washington. This branch opened in 1995 to handle the fire protection needs and requirements of the high tech boom in the mid 90's. This included several microchip processing and semiconductor fabrication facilities and associated high tech businesses.
Our Work Force
We have 95 employees based out of our Portland operation, with 20 office staff and 75 field personnel. Collectively we maintain well over 100 years combined fire protection design experience. Our well qualified field staff includes fitters, inspectors, foremen, and alarm and detection (A&D) technicians.
Our Key Personnel
Jeff has over 16 years experience in the fire protection industry, starting with WSFP in 1996 as a Designer, then promoted to Project Manager, and finally advancing to Area Manager. He has successfully grown this office to where it is today.
Bryan has over 25 years of experience in all phases of fire protection service, inspections, and installation. He is an invaluable resource on all things fire protection related.
Kyle, with over 18 years of experience in fire protection design and sales, brings a wealth of knowledge to our team.
Jared Hill, P.E.
Fire Protection Engineer
Jared brings 3 very busy years of experience as a Licensed FPE and 7 years experience in sprinkler system design; 10 years in the business and a huge asset to the team.
Alarm and Detection Manager
With more than 13 years as a Master Electrician and in the fire alarm industry Bill has numerous licenses and certifications. He is successfully growing our Alarm & Detection division.
Brian has over 17 years in the fire protection field. He is certified as a UA Star Master Fitter. As our Superintendent he oversees all apprenticeships, serves as our safety officer, and lead foreman.
Ryan brings 17 years of experience in the fire sprinkler trade. He is UA star certified master fitter, NICET 2 certified, Oregon Backflow certified tester, OSHA 30 certified, and has over 7 years of experience as a superintendent overseeing the installation, testing, and maintenance of various fire sprinkler systems.
- All of our designers and engineers in the Portland operation are at least NICET Level 3 certified.
- In addition, the fire alarm technicians on staff are NICET Level 2 Certified, and a number of technicians are NICET Level 2 for special hazards.
- Each of our foremen are UA STAR certified, with more field personnel pursuing certifications.
- All WSFP installers are state certified sprinkler installers in Oregon and Washington.
- All WSFP inspectors are state certified backflow inspectors in Oregon and Washington.
Fire Alarm Factory Certifications:
- All WSFP fire alarm technicians are factory certified on all fire equipment that is installed.
- All WSFP fire alarm technicians hold a current LEA license.
Certificate of Fitness:
- Sprinkler fitters are certified by the City of Portland
Professional Memberships - Organizational Level
- The Oregon Society of Healthcare Engineers (OSHE)
- Northwest Automatic Fire Alarm Association (NWAFAA)
- Portland Connect (Business Group)
- Portland Executives Association
- Oregon Affordable Housing Management Association (OAHMA)
- Institute of Real Estate Management Oregon-Columbia (IREM)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
Professional Memberships - Individual Level
Jared Hill, P.E.
- Secretary, Cascade Chapter SFPE (Society of Fire Protection Engineers)
- Member, National SFPE
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Green Associate
Service Locations & Response
Portland office has field technicians that live throughout the state of Oregon and Southern Washington that allow us to quickly and easily serve the following areas:
- Oregon: Portland, Hood River, Pendleton, Hermiston, Salem, Eugene, Springfield, Medford, Lincoln City, Coos Bay, Grants Pass, Bend, Redmond, Prineville
- Washington: Vancouver, Richland, Longview, Kennewick, Battle Ground, Chehalis, Long Beach, Pasco
High-Tech: Western States Fire Protection-Oregon works closely with major high tech facilities, handling emergency calls 365 days a year. Additionally, WSFP has played a major role in the construction of many of Oregon's semiconductor fabrication facilities.
- Package distribution centers
- Retirement homes
- Medical centers
- Construction companies
- Nursing care facilities
- General contractors
- Homeowners associations (HOAs)
- Building and property managers
- Home builders and fire departments
Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
The Western States Fire Protection-Oregon branch ensures customer satisfaction by carefully reviewing each job performed and intentionally seeking feedback from clients. This simple customer service process has led to a significant amount of fire protection system service and inspection calls from previous customers; in other words, repeat business. This also reflects the excellent reputation of this branch office. WSFP-Oregon is widely known for their know-how in troubleshooting fire protection system issues. In many cases, their team is called when competitors have been unable to accomplish the fire protection repair/installation.